COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
The best maternity care in Southern Nevada
When choosing a hospital for your delivery, you want a hospital that provides expert care for you and your baby along with amenities and programs that make this a memorable experience. We think you will find just what you are looking for at Sunrise Children's Hospital.
To learn more about having your baby at Sunrise Children’s Hospital or to tour our hospital, please call us at (702) 961-5437 or (702) 233-5437.
Maternal Infant Unit
After your delivery, you and your baby will be moved to the Maternal Infant Unit. For generations, women have trusted Sunrise Children's Hospital to provide the most comprehensive level of care. Should an unanticipated need arise, we offer many advanced services and technology, giving you peace of mind.
The Maternal Infant Unit consists of 42 private mother-baby rooms. We are here to assist the new family, giving high-quality, compassionate care. Services include postpartum and newborn care classes, breastfeeding assistance, with certified lactation counselors on staff, and our state-of-the-art security system. Our breastfeeding consultant is available Monday through Friday and breastfeeding and discharge classes are offered daily.
Additionally, our maternity and prenatal services include:
- Dedicated triage services to assess your baby's progress
- Fetal assessment (specialized test prescribed by your physician to evaluate your baby in utero)
- Oversized labor and delivery suites
- Antepartum care
- Cesarean (c-section) operating suites
- A dedicated post anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- OB hospitalists available 24/7
- Sunny Babies Program for moms needing assistance
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for newborns needing a higher level of care with the assistance of NICU nurses
- Childbirth classes and tours
- Postpartum and baby discharge classes
- Sleeping arrangements for your significant other
- Free wireless internet
Breastfeeding education is a nursing scope of practice and is provided as part of the labor and delivery service line. Expecting moms who have pre-registered at Sunrise are eligible to enroll in the class, and the cost is included in their delivery fees. The fee for the breastfeeding course is $30 to community members who wish to take part in our education offerings but have not yet pre-registered to deliver at Sunrise.