Heart health in Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunrise Hospital offers the most advanced cardiac care to Southern Nevada and the surrounding region. We proudly serve Las Vegas, Clark County and surrounding communities by collaborating with emergency responders on the ground (and by air ambulance) to ensure patients safely arrive at Sunrise Hospital’s Heart Center. When every second counts, we work as a team to get patients the interventional care they need quickly.
To find a doctor specializing in heart health, call our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (702) 233-5454 or our cardiology associates at (702) 961-5020.
Are you at risk?
One in three Americans suffers from some form of heart disease. You can find out if you are at risk by taking our heart health assessment. Once you receive your results, you can talk to your physician about your next steps. Although this is a valuable tool, this assessment is not a substitute for an examination by your physician.
The Heart Health Assessment is not a substitute for an examination by your physician.
In addition to treating more heart patients than any other hospital in Las Vegas, we are well equipped with some of the best cardiology-related services available anywhere. We provide a range of comprehensive cardiology care services, from heart attack treatment to routine EKG and echocardiogram procedures.
Heart murmur program
Heart valves open and close to allow blood to flow through your heart. Sunrise Hospital is the first in Nevada to offer MitraClip® therapy— the only transcatheter mitral valve therapy available for patients—and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), which is a special way to treat narrowed heart arteries.
Heart valve diseases
- Heart murmurs: If the blood flow through your heart sounds unusual, a clinician may call it a heart murmur. Heart murmurs can be harmless or they may indicate heart issues. We are proud to offer heart murmur treatment and testing, if needed.
- Stenosis: This is the most common type of valvular heart disease. Stenosis is a problem with how open your heart valve is. Valves get narrow and let less blood flow through the heart. This can result in shortness of breath, tiredness, chest pain, light-headedness or passing out. The symptoms grow worse when you are doing strenuous activities like climbing stairs or walking a long distance.
- Regurgitation or insufficiency: This heart condition is a problem with how a valve closes and affects blood flow. Because the valve does not close completely, it causes blood to flow the wrong direction. This can lead to similar symptoms as aortic stenosis.
Atrial fibrillation program
There are electrical currents and signals in your heart that normally cause it to pump blood and contract. If you have atrial fibrillation (AFib), your heart’s two upper chambers beat in an abnormal pattern too quickly. This can decrease the amount of oxygen your body receives.
We offer a special program to treat atrial fibrillation, which includes the WATCHMAN Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) implant. It is important to recognize symptoms and signs of atrial fibrillation. Common symptoms that may indicate this condition include:
- Irregular and rapid heartbeat
- Heart palpitations or rapid thumping inside the chest
- Dizziness, sweating and chest pain or pressure
- Shortness of breath, anxiety
- Tiring more easily when exercising
- Fainting (also known as syncope)
Additionally, we have multiple electrophysiology labs where we can treat irregular heartbeats, known as arrhythmias, as well as other disorders of the heart’s electrical system.
Other cardiovascular services we offer
Sunrise Hospital is proud to be a part of the Sunrise Health System, which is the first network of Accredited Chest Pain Centers in Nevada. Here are some details that set our facility apart from others:
- We have our chest pain center accreditation from The Joint Commission.
- We have a pediatric and adult arrhythmia center—the only hospital in the state to offer electrophysiology (EP) procedures to pediatric patients.
- We are the only hospital in Nevada to offer comprehensive pediatric heart surgery for congenital heart defects.
- We have seven cardiac catheterization labs where we treat all types of heart disease. Our hybrid operating room, that combines a cardiac catheterization lab with an operating room to provide heart procedures for adults and children, and our cardiology associates provide cardiac rehabilitation to improve our patients’ cardiac health.
Additionally, we offer the following services for our heart care patients:
- Melody valve insertions
- Impella pVAD
- Therapeutic hypothermia