Orthopedic services in Las Vegas
At Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center, we provide a comprehensive range of orthopedic services for bone and joint conditions.
In addition, we provide pre and postoperative education for you and your loved ones so you may return to your daily activities as quickly as possible.
To schedule an appointment, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (877) 888-5746.
Our orthopedic specialists and programs
Orthopedic doctors, also called orthopedists, specialize in providing care for conditions affecting your bones and joints. This includes knee pain, spine issues, total joint replacement and more.
You may need to see bone and joint specialists if you have osteoporosis or arthritis, or if you’ve recently endured a sprain, strain or broken bone. Your care plan may also be designed by:
- Orthopedic nurses—A certified orthopedic nurse acts as a navigator throughout your journey with us, answering any questions you and your loved ones may have along the way. Many of our nurses are certified by the Orthopedic Nurses Certification Board.
- Certified pain management nurse—In addition to orthopedic nurses, we offer Southern Nevada's only certified pain management nurse. This specialized nurse enables our team to proactively address your pain needs before your surgery. Our physicians are highly engaged in the FLEX program and participate in both pre and postoperative education nurse process.
To learn more about your knee and hip health, you can take our free, online assessment below.
A multidisciplinary approach to orthopedic care
At Sunrise, our team of orthopedic doctors, nurses and specialists adhere to the highest standards of excellence in orthopedic therapy and treatment.
Our FLEX program features certified orthopedic nurses who are specially trained to care for patients with joint and spine disorders and work side by side with our physicians and rehabilitation team.
Our FLEX program offers:
- Board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons
- Orthopedic and spine program coordinators
- Orthopedic physician assistants
- Preoperative education class led by our FLEX program team
- Orthopedic-trained physical and occupational therapists dedicated to the FLEX program
- Licensed and certified specialists in our inpatient rehabilitation program
Geriatric fracture program
To preserve the quality of life well into senior adulthood, Sunrise Hospital and the American Orthopaedic Association offer a program to prevent recurring fractures.
Own the Bone is a web-based program featuring 10 prevention measures that transform the way we respond to senior patients with bone fractures.
Specifically, this program address nutrition, physical activity and lifestyle counseling, drug therapy, testing and communication and how it affects geriatric orthopedic patients in need of care.
This program also highlights a protocol developed by the program’s medical director to follow the latest guidelines to treat hip fractures. Additionally, it incorporates “Own the Bone” registry data to tackle underlying osteoporosis conditions and prevent secondary fractures whenever possible.
We offer a comprehensive rehabilitation program accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Complete with physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, recreational therapists and acute-care therapists with specialized training to care for joint and spine patients, we offer patients a complete continuum of care.
Conveniently located on the same floor as the FLEX program, our unit features:
- Private rooms overlooking the Las Vegas Strip and nearby mountain ranges
- Orthopedic recliners and hand-held showers
- Open visiting hours for your convenience
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Flat-screen TVs
- A music channel for meditation and relaxation
Scheduling your surgery
We understand joint and spine surgery is an important decision you and your family have to make. Throughout the entire process, we are here for you and encourage you to reach out should you have any questions. We are also happy to offer tours of our unit upon request.
Patient recovery, education and safety
We are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals and get you back to your daily routine as quickly as possible. Education for you and your loved ones is a key component to your recovery.
Your family members and friends will act as coaches during your recovery process. We take the necessary time to inform your loved ones on how to best care for you once you leave the hospital. We believe this level of education is essential to the healing process.
Patient safety is our number one priority. From a diligent fall prevention program to technology ensuring the right dose of medication to the right patient every time, we constantly keep your safety at the forefront of everything we do.
Our wound care team has developed nationally recognized resources for wound treatment, which are used in hospitals across the country. Keeping you safe while under our care is one of the best ways that we can help get you back to your life.