In this time of heightened awareness of COVID-19, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children’s Hospital’s visitor policy will change starting July 15, 2020:
No visitors will be allowed at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center. Exceptions are:
- One (1) adult visitor, 18 years or older, per adult ER patient but the visitor may not go up to a unit
- One (1) adult visitor, 18 years or older, per surgical patients (no change)
- One (1) adult visitor, 18 years of older for end of life and extremely limited exceptions which will need to be approved by Hospital Administration
- Visitation for Maternity and Children’s services remains unchanged
- One (1) adult visitor, 18 years or older, is allowed at any time per patient for pediatric, neonatal and maternity services
- One (1) adult visitor, 18 years or older, is allowed overnight per patient for pediatric, neonatal and maternity services
The following applies to approved visitors as outlined above:
- No COVID or Person Under Investigation (PUI) visitation
- Universal masking and screening (screened negative) of all visitors
- Practicing good hand hygiene
- Social distancing in all areas
- All visitors must enter at Sunrise Children’s Hospital entrance, south side of campus, closest to Maryland Parkway and Desert Inn intersection.
We understand the challenge this poses to you and your family. Please know these restrictions are to keep our patients, team members and community safe.