Southern Nevada’s only comprehensive breast center
At The Breast Center at Sunrise, our goal is to provide superior breast care to women and their families. Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), The Breast Center at Sunrise offers an enhanced level of care with a comprehensive team assembled just for you.
For more information about The Breast Center at Sunrise Hospital, please call (702) 784-7870. To schedule an appointment, call (855) 445-2246.
Our panel of breast imaging radiologists, breast surgeons, pathologists, oncologists, geneticists and nurses provide you with the expertise in imaging, diagnosis and treatment of the breast. Our breast center is a NAPBC-accredited breast care program and our breast imaging center offers 3-D digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
Breast cancer statistics
- One in eight women will get breast cancer
- Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths
- There are 220,000+ new breast cancer cases per year
- There are 40,000+ deaths per year from breast cancer
How to reduce your risk
If you are a high-risk woman, you can take preventive medicines such as tamoxifen, raloxifene and aromatase inhibitors. Regular mammograms are essential because they increases chances of early diagnosis and pre-cancerous growths can be identified and treated. It is important that you receive annual mammograms if you are 40 or older, and if you are at a high-risk, to start screenings earlier. Other ways to reduce your risk of breast cancer include:
- Avoid smoking
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get 150 minutes of exercise per week
- Limit hormone therapy after menopause
Breast cancer support
We understand that not all of your needs are medical. Throughout each month, we provide resources, such as:
- Breast health education
- Wellness lectures and support groups
- Young survivor support group
- “Look Good Feel Better”
- Oncology nutrition classes
- American Cancer Society patient navigator
Additionally, our center features a resource library. This library contains information pertaining to breast cancer and breast health. We also offer internet access so you can search for information online. Books can be used in the library or borrowed.
We collaborate with many organizations to integrate community services and medical care in the Southern Nevada community. These partnerships make sure you always have an expanded network of resources. Our community partners include:
- The Caring Place
- Women's Health Connection
- Center for Compassionate Care
- American Cancer Society