Surgical Services at Sunrise Hospital
Thank you for choosing Sunrise Hospital for your surgical procedure. Our staff is fully committed to providing the excellent service for which Sunrise Hospital is known, and we will make every effort to meet your individual needs. Our facility offers the most advanced medical technology, medical staff from the most prestigious academic medical centers and a comfortable setting.
We offer a wide range of surgical services to the community. These services include:
- The Most Advanced Heart Interventions
- Orthopedic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Surgical Weight Loss
In order to better prepare you for your surgical experience we would like to provide you with key information.
What to Expect if You or Your Loved One is Having Surgery at Sunrise Hospital
Your surgeons and their staff will coordinate a date and time with Sunrise Hospital for your procedure.
Instructions will be provided to you by your surgeon's office. This should include: the day and time of your procedure, surgical preparation instructions specific to your procedure, location of the hospital.
Patient Pre-Surgical Preparation
As a surgical patient of Sunrise Hospital you will be included in a process that we have designed to best prepare for your day of surgery.
- Financial Responsibility - As a surgical patient of Sunrise Hospital you will be contacted by a pre-registration counselor to discuss any questions pertaining to the financial responsibility for your procedure. If you have any further financial questions, you may contact a financial counselor at (702) 784-7931.
- Pre-Procedural Testing - Before most surgical procedures there are required medical tests that must be completed. This will be dependent on your surgeon's instructions and orders. Sunrise Hospital has a designated pre-admissions center to perform these diagnostic tests within the appropriate timeframe prior to your surgical procedure. Please call to schedule your Pre-Admission Testing appointment by calling (702) 304-3151.
- Day of Surgery - To best prepare for your day of surgery we have provided useful information below to answer most commonly asked questions on how to prepare for your day of surgery.
- Surgery Forms
- Parking - Valet and Patient Parking Lots are available on the North Side of Sunrise Hospital (Main Entrance)
- Admitting - When arriving at Sunrise through the Main Entrance, follow the signs to Admitting where you will check in with a registration specialist.
- Registration - All necessary information needed will be verified.
- Surgical Waiting - Please sign-in with the patient surgical services representative. Shortly after arrival, a designated staff member of the PPCU will greet you in the surgical waiting area and accompany you to the pre-procedural area.
- Pre-Procedural Care Unit (PPCU) - A registered nurse will be assigned to you and prepare you for your procedure. Expect to meet with your physician and anesthesiologist at this time.
- Surgery/Operating Room - Your operating room RN will greet you in the PPCU and transport you to the Operating Room in Surgery where your surgical procedure will take place.
- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU/Recovery) - After leaving the operating room you will be comfortably resting in the area of recovery. Your recovery nurse will closely monitor your progress and direct you from there.