Treatments for Parkinson's Disease
Treatments for Parkinson’s Disease
- Treat symptoms, such as rigidity and slowness
- Offset the side effects of the drugs used to treat Parkinson’s disease (such as abnormal or hyperactive movements)
- Help you cope with other aspects of the disease (such as insomnia, inattentiveness, depression, anxiety)
American Association of Neurological Surgeons website. Available at: http://www.aans.org.
Conn HF, Rakel RE. Conn’s Current Therapy 2002. 54th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders Company; 2002.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke website. Available at: http://www.ninds.nih.gov.
Parkinson’s Disease Foundation website. Available at: http://www.pdf.org.
- Reviewer: Rimas Lukas, MD
- Review Date: 09/2013 -
- Update Date: 09/30/2013 -