Navigating the Healthcare System
Good health is important to everyone. And our Healthcare Center is just the tool you need to make better informed decisions about your own care and coverage.
You can navigate the system—and we can help!
Evaluating Your Options
To make smart choices, become knowledgeable about each aspect of your care:
- Getting to Know Your Healthcare Providers
- How to Choose a Primary Care Doctor
- Beyond Primary Care: Choosing a Medical Specialist
- Boutique Options Offer Greater Choice in Medical Care
- When and How to Get a Second Opinion
- How to Choose a Surgeon and Hospital for Major Surgery
- Elective Surgery: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
Choices in Care:
- Health Insurance: Choosing the Plan That's Right for You
- Medicare Part D: How to Choose a Medicare Drug Plan
- Beyond Medicare Part D: Internet Prescription Drug Programs Helping the Low-income and Elderly
- Health Spending Accounts: A Complement to Regular Health Insurance
- Long-term Care Insurance: In Case of a Prolonged Illness or Injury
Choices in Coverage:
Especially for Seniors
Here we discuss some of the special healthcare options available to seniors:
The Proactive Patient
Go out there and be your own best advocate. Enhance your medical care and save money doing it.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Review some key dos and don'ts of drug treatment: