The Breast Center at Sunrise Hospital specializes in many modern imaging techniques to evaluate breast health. Imaging services for breast care include:
- Breast Ultrasound (sound waves of the breast)
- Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (to get a closer look at the breast tissue)
- Mammography (an x ray test to look for breast cancer, unusual tissue or changes in the breast)
We also offer procedures to accurately diagnose breast disorders at the earliest stage, including:
- MRI-Guided Breast Biopsy (to locate unusual or suspicious cells in the breast and remove them
- Needle Aspirations (pulling fluid from a lump inside the breast)
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy and Needle Localizations (where suspicious cells are removed during a mammogram)
- PET/CT Fusion Scans (very advanced techniques combined together to get very clear and exact images of breast disease that may be hard to find)
- Bone Densitometry Screening
A Unique Approach
Unique to The Breast Center's program is our coordinated approach to breast cancer and your involvement in the treatment options.
Our program includes a breast-specialty trained, registered nurse — our breast health navigator — to act as a liaison between you and your treatment team. She will provide educational information specific to your unique circumstances and introduce you to complimentary therapies that facilitate your physical and spiritual healing. Should you have breast cancer, your entire team of breast health physicians, nurses, navigator, geneticists and technologists will discuss your treatment options to develop a unique program that meets your individual needs.
Breast cancer prevention is a high priority at The Breast Center at Sunrise. Genetic counseling is available for women at high risk for breast cancer due to family history, previous worrisome biopsy findings and genetic predisposition or lifestyle risk factors.