Meet Our Breast Health Nurse Navigator
Our goal is to provide our patients with the education, support and coordination to help them maneuver most effectively through their breast care experience. Our breast health nurse navigator will:
- Coordinate services throughout the continuum of breast care
- Supply educational resources on breast health, breast cancer and breast care
- Help patients make informed decisions about their breast care plan
- Promote communication between patients and their health care providers
Breast Navigation Amenities
Our breast health nurse navigator is your advocate, helping reinforce and support the physician/patient relationship. Our goal is to enhance your quality of life, provide a sense of autonomy and help you manage your own health. We are here to help:
- Assure patients have the educational resources and support services they need to receive quality care
- Provide uninterrupted and timely care
- Inform patients and families about procedures and treatment plans
- Expedite follow-up appointments
- Connect patients and families to resources and support services
Linda Buckley, RN, CBCN, CBPN-IC, received her nursing degree from Golden West College in Huntington Beach, Calif. Linda is certified through the Oncology Nursing Society as a Certified Breast Care Nurse and also through the National Consortium of Breast Centers as a Certified Breast Patient Navigator in both Imaging and Cancer Care.
Linda is certified through EduCare as a Breast Health Specialist and also holds a certification as an Advanced Breast Health Navigator. Linda came to Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in 2009 after working in breast health since 2002. Linda also has a background in Surgical ICU nursing.
Linda has been integral in developing the navigation department at the Breast Center at Sunrise. Her commitment to her patients transcends to the community, where she is actively involved in community education regarding breast health.