- All Services
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Breast Center at Sunrise
- Cancer Care
- Center for Graves' Disease
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes Classes
- Emergency Care
- Heart Center at Sunrise
- Heartburn Center at Sunrise
- Mothers & Babies
- Nevada Neurosciences Institute (NNI)
- New Vision™ Medical Stabilization
- Rehabilitation - Inpatient Unit
- RESTORE Wound Program
- Surgical Weight Loss
- The FLEX Program at Sunrise Hospital
Traumatic injuries and other complex life-threatening conditions are treated rapidly in our Level II Trauma Center
Trauma is severe blunt or penetrating injury primarily caused by automobile crashes, gunshots, knife wounds, falls, battery, or burns.
A trauma victim’s care is a critical emergency. When trauma patients arrive at Sunrise Hospital, a team of physicians, nurses and appropriate support staff are already assembled and prepared for rapid assessment and treatment. Emergency physicians and nurses are in-house to initiate resuscitation and stabilization. Surgeons, anesthesiologists, physician specialists, and trauma nurses are on call and promptly available, as well as immediate access to dedicated medical equipment and operating room facilities.
Trauma physicians manage trauma patients during their hospitalization along with a specially trained trauma staff that provides patients with multidisciplinary care throughout hospitalization.
Trauma staff includes:
- RNs and Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Respiratory Therapists
- Physician Assistants
- Social and Case Managers
- Pastoral Care
Resources and procedures available to trauma patients may include:
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Internal medicine or pediatric medicine
- Ophthalmic, maxillofacial and plastic surgery
- Radiological specialties such as ultrasonography, CT scans, MRI
- Neurosurgery: Care for brain and spine injuries by the Neurovascular Intensive Care Unit of The Nevada Neurosciences Institute (NNI) at Sunrise Hospital.
- Rehabilitation: Sunrise Hospital’s Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program is accredited by CARF, indicating our commitment to compliance with international rehabilitation standards of quality. Our RESTORE Wound Specialty Program provides both adult and pediatric wound care treatments for outpatients.
Level II Trauma verification demonstrates better patient outcomes and saves lives
We have received the American College of Surgeons’ Level II Trauma verification because we have demonstrated leadership in the treatment of traumatic injuries and other complex life-threatening conditions. As a Level II Trauma Center and regional referral center from other medical facilities, Sunrise Hospital provides advanced tertiary medical services for thousands of patients each year and serves as a lead trauma facility for Southern Nevada while working closely with Nevada’s neighboring states to provide trauma care for those patients who require a higher level of care.