- All Services
- Breast Center at Sunrise
- Center for Graves Disease
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Care
- Heart Center at Sunrise
- Heartburn Center at Sunrise
- Nevada Neurosciences Institute (NNI)
- New Vision™ Medical Stabilization
- Orthopedic and Spine Program
- Robotic Surgery
- Sunrise Children’s Hospital
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Trauma Center
- Wound Care
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Superior Levels of Cardiovascular Service
The Sunrise Health system of hospitals — including Sunrise, MountainView and Southern Hills — has earned accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for sustaining superior levels of service for patients experiencing a cardiac episode. Combined, they represent a network of accredited Chest Pain Centers in Las Vegas.
Together, the Sunrise health hospitals service most of the city, meaning that the citizens of Las Vegas are well cared for when it comes to this serious and life-threatening condition.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States, with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain. The Society’s accreditation process ensures centers meet or exceed quality-of-care measures in acute cardiac medicine.
If you are experiencing chest pain or any other emergency ... call 911 immediately.
The Chest Pain Centers at Sunrise, MountainView and Southern Hills hospitals have demonstrated their expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and completing on-site evaluations by a review team from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Key areas in which a Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring Chest Pain Center personnel competency and training
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
Each Sunrise Health facility has earned full accreditation status from the Accreditation Review Committee. Re-accreditation occurred in February 2012.
About the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
The Society is an international not-for-profit organization committed to leading the fight to eliminate heart disease as the number one cause of death worldwide. SCPC focuses on transforming cardiovascular care by assisting facilities by creating communities of excellence that bring together quality, cost and patient satisfaction. SCPC provides the support needed by hospitals to effectively bridge existing gaps in treatment by providing the tools, education and support necessary to successfully navigate the changing face of health care.