Las Vegas, NV — The Sunrise Health System — Sunrise Hospital, MountainView Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and Sunrise Children's Hospital — is pleased to announce that several of its employees including nursing staff and one CEO were nominated for and received awards in various categories at the recent 30th annual March of Dimes "Nurse of the Year" awards event.
According to the March of Dimes, the Las Vegas "Nurse of the Year" event is the oldest and largest event of its kind in the nation. Each year, more than 2,000 nurses are nominated by their peers and patients, recognizing their outstanding contributions to patient care in Southern Nevada. One nurse and one runner-up are awarded "Nurse of the Year" in each of the 23 categories. One nurse is selected as the overall "Distinguished Nurse of the Year."
The following Sunrise Health System employees were recognized in various categories:
First Place Winners
- Kimball S. Anderson, CEO, Southern Hills Hospital — Nurses' Choice/Administration
- Riann Garbett, Social Worker, Sunrise Children's Hospital — Nurses' Choice/Support Staff
- Marie Payne, RN, Sunrise Children's Hospital — Pediatric Nursing
Second Place Winners
- Katie Bruels, RN, ED Manager, Sunrise Hospital — Nursing Administration/Management
- Bonnie Crane, RN, Sunrise Children's Hospital — Education
- Suzette "Gay" Gustafson, RN, MountainView Hospital — Oncology Nursing
- Amanda Long, RN, Sunrise Children's Hospital — Pediatric Nursing
- Zuzana Macis, RN, Southern Hills Hospital — General/Medical/Surgical
- MountainView Hospital: Stacey Dehn, Anthony Pieracini
- Southern Hills Hospital: Karen Greenberg, Ann Jenkins, Debbie Marlow, Francesca Romero, Shirley Rose, Emma Lyn Samson
- Sunrise Hospital & Sunrise Children's Hospital: Stacey Akeson, Juliet Aoun, Michelle Ashley,Mya Dawn Daily, Nicole DePue, Jody Domineck, Elizabeth Freese, Thomas Galata, Henasy Gandi, Brady Gentile, Jerome Gorman, Cindy Griffin, Claudia Long, Tracey McKinney, Joann Nardoni, Lisa Nicholas, Kelly Perkins, Jennifer Rivera, Joan Rotnem, Megan Russell, Sunny So, Kathaleen Theard, Lori Townsend, Holly Trolley, Margaret Vargo, Marwayne Wagner, Tamara Wielandt-Crane, Angela Wiseman
About Sunrise Health
Sunrise Health is the most technologically advanced hospital network in the Southwest. Committed to providing the finest healthcare, Sunrise Health includes Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center, MountainView Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital, as well as outpatient diagnostic, imaging and surgical centers. Specialty services include a suite of the latest diagnostic and surgical technologies, advanced cardiovascular services, comprehensive neurological services, a designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Nevada Neurosciences Institute, The Breast Center at Sunrise, the state's most comprehensive Children's Hospital and women's healthcare services and Las Vegas' first network of certified Stroke Centers and Accredited Chest Pain Centers.
For more information about Sunrise Health visit www.SunriseHealthInfo.com.
Need a Physician, Nurse Advice or Health Information? Call our free 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (702) 233-5300. In case of emergency, dial 9-1-1.